Our Chaga Mushroom (Inonotus obliquus) Double Extract is made with the finest Birch tree chaga. We live in the desert and Birch trees are not abundant so we search for high-quality suppliers that sustainability harvest chaga from Alaska.
Potential Health Benefits:
- Packed with anti-oxidants – Chaga generally has an ORAC score of 1104 units per gram.
- Fights Inflammation – Tests have suggested that chaga extract can reduce long-term inflammation. Test-tube studies show that chaga helps in the prevention of harmful cytokines, which cause inflammation.
- Immune System – Tests have suggested that chaga extract promotes the formation of beneficial cytokines. These specialized proteins help regulate your immune system. Studies also suggest that chaga stimulates white blood cells.
- Prevents and Fights Cancer – Chaga is high in the anti-oxidant triterpene. Several test studies have shown chaga has prevented and slow cancerous growth, in some studies chaga supplements helped reduce tumor size by up to 60%. Other studies indicate that chaga has prevented the growth of cancer cells in the lung, breast, prostate and colon.
- Lowers Blood Sugar – Studies in animals suggest that chaga lowers blood sugar in laboratory mice.
- Lowers Cholesterol – Studies in rats suggest that chaga reduces the bad LDL, triglycerides, and total cholesterol.
Safety, Side-effects and dosages: Most people generally tolerate chaga, however, no human studies have been conducted to determine actual safety guidelines or dosages. Chaga can interact with some medications and because it can lower your blood sugar, can affect people with diabetes. People with diabetes (including our owner) have additional risks when using insulin and diabetic medications. Chaga also contains proteins that prevent blood clotting, this means people on blood thinners should consult with a doctor. You should consult with your doctor before using this extract. We use a half dropper full 1-3 times daily.
Human trials are still needed for the benefits of chaga, most studies are involving mice and rats. This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.